A native southern Californian, Alice Beckstrom has a dual love for Classical Music and Musical Theater. She has been featured in productions of Brigadoon, Kiss Me Kate, Fiddler on the Roof and My Fair Lady. Alice also enjoys arranging music and has acted as producer, recording, mixing and editing her music arrangements. Her arrangements cover many genres, including: jazz, musical theater and folk songs. Her first CD, is The Lord of the Rings – A Choral Symphony (all albums are available through Spotify, CDBaby.com, etc.), followed by, There Lived A Hobbit.(music inspired by the Hobbit, as well as traditional folk songs and lullabies.) and, Celtic Dreams (Songs celebrate romantic love, parental love, unrequited love, lusty love, and, love of life.) In 1997, Alice moved with her family to Houston and was a member of the Houston Symphony Chorus from 1997-2013. While with the HSC was the Soprano 1 Section Leader, dialect coach for Middle Earth languages and has enjoyed recording CDs, and touring with them to England, Wales, Vienna, Prague and Budapest. She was also chosen as part of a select 20-voice chorus to join the Houston Symphony in performing "The Planets – an HD Experience" on tour which included performing at Carnegie Hall and recording a DVD of the event. And, with a select group from HSC, also performed in concerts with Andrea Bocelli in 2010 and 2012. In 2013, Alice moved across Texas and now sings with the West Texas Symphony Chorale (formerly known as the Midland-Odessa Symphony and Chorale), is the founder and director of the Midland-Odessa Community Chorus (since 2015, the core-choir for the Messiah Sing-along).
Alice has taught voice privately for over 35 years. Past students have been recognized with top UIL honors, key roles in school and professional plays and concerts, scholarships and acceptance into music programs in universities.
Alice Beckstrom is a private voice teacher/vocal coach in Midland, Texas and specializes in teaching Vocal Performance, which combines the best principles, theories and techniques of singing and of acting.
· Method of teaching: My primary goal is to help each student discover their own, unique voice and then learn to maximize it in a performance setting, even if it's just performing for themselves, friends or family. So, part of the lesson is perfecting their technique (with vocal exercises, erc.) and the other part is learning the song and then how to interpret and perform their songs.
· Recordings: When the student is ready, I record them singing their songs that are "performance-ready" and email them the finished recording/MP3. This serves as a wonderful record of their growth as a singer/performer.
BECKSTROM VOCAL STUDIO -
VOICE LESSON DETAILS:
· Lessons: I teach 30 min, 45 min or 60 min lessons.
· Fee: $40, $60 or $80, respectively, per lesson.
· Payment: either pre-pay for the month at the beginning of each month, or, per lesson at the beginning of every lesson. I accept cash, check, Venmo, or PayPal.
· Absence policy: at least one week's notice for a planned, excused absence, or a fee will be charged. If the student suddenly becomes ill, notify me and I will excuse this unexpected absence. When possible, I will reschedule a lesson.
Serving Midland, Odessa and the Permian Basin, Texas. Contact Alice for more information or to book your first lesson.
Beckstrom Vocal Studio
Alice Valantine Beckstrom
Private Voice Teacher & Vocal Coach
Available In-Person and Online
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Falice.beckstrom%2Fposts%2Fpfbid032RPumopdc4c1rcPNNffMFxzL36AQLjzHBNCU5HyYo2Lk9hGJaXz6fCgwudQ4GZUbl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500" height="269" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>